To make a warranty claim for products purchased in Australia please call 1800 641 645 or reach us by email at email@example.com
Technical Support for Enterprise Docking Station Customers
Targus offers pre-sale support to enterprise IT customers to validate, in a test environment, the integration of Targus docking stations into enterprise systems (subject to agreements with a Targus representative). Targus also offers complimentary post-sale technical support for 90 days for basic support. Targus will also offer web-based driver, firmware and software updates for Targus docking stations during the life of the product, as determined by Targus. Such post-sale support does not include hardware installations or other on-site services, except when such service is deemed necessary by Targus’s technical support staff.
Targus Products Limited Warranty
WHO IS COVERED? This limited warranty is non-transferable and covers only the original end purchaser. Coverage terminates when the original purchaser sells or otherwise transfers the product. An original or copy of a sales receipt from the original Targus authorized sales retailer is required for warranty service. This limited warranty does not cover products purchased from 3rd party sellers on online sales auction sites. Online sales auction confirmations are NOT accepted for warranty verification.
WHAT IS COVERED? Targus warrants that the following products (the “Product(s)”) will be free from defects in workmanship and materials under normal use for the durations set forth immediately below (“Limited Warranty Period”):
- For Targus laptop cases, bags, and backpacks a limited lifetime warranty on the case for as long as the original end purchaser owns the product.
- For Targus Education cases, bags, and backpacks six (6) years from the date of original purchase.
- For Targus docking stations three (3) years from the date of original purchase.
- For Targus power adapter products, two (2) years from the date of original purchase.
- For Targus accessories (Stylus, Hubs, Presenters, BT Adaptor, Keyboard, Mice, Chill mats, keypads, Cable locks) one (1) year from the date of original purchase
- For Targus tablet and e-Reader cases purchased after January 1, 2015, a limited lifetime warranty on the case for as long as the original end purchaser owns the product.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED?
- Normal wear and tear of Product use;
- Misuse, lack of care, mishandling, accident, abuse or other abnormal use, or acts of God, such as floods and earthquakes;
- Use of the Product other than for its intended purpose;
- Damage caused by improper or unauthorized repair or maintenance;
- Product that has been modified or altered;
- Targus warrants to the original purchaser that its products are free from defects in materials and workmanship for the stipulated period for the product in question. This warranty is limited to defects, materials and workmanship.
- The benefits to the consumer given by the warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies of the consumer under law in relation to the goods to which the warranty relates.
- The warranty is given by
- Targus Australia.
- Targus Australia’s business address is: Suite 2, Level 8, 5 Rider Boulevard, RHODES, 2138, Australia.
- Targus Australia’s telephone number is 1800 641 645, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To make a warranty claim for goods purchased in New Zealand, the telephone number is: 0800 633 222, or the goods may be returned to the supplier in New Zealand.
- What the purchaser must do to entitle the purchaser to claim warranty:-
- The purchaser must call the telephone number for Australia or New Zealand set out above.
- The purchaser must provide the purchaser’s name, daytime contact number, business hours delivery address, the Targus model number on the product, date and place of purchase with receipt for purchase if required, and describe the fault condition.
- What Targus must do:
- Targus will provide the purchaser with store return information or a return authorisation so that the purchaser may return the product for warranty inspection.
- If after inspection Targus finds the product is defective in materials or workmanship, Targus shall replace (or repair) the defective product at the discretion of Targus and ship the product from Targus warehouse at its expense within three business days (Monday to Friday excluding public holidays) of receiving the returned goods. If the product is no longer available Targus reserves the right to replace with the nearest corresponding product of no lesser quality.
- Targus will bear the cost of return delivery to the purchaser regardless of the inspection test result. The purchaser must bear the cost of the delivery to Targus. There is no charge for inspection.
- Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonable foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- Please note:
- Features and specifications of all Targus products are subject to change without notification.
- In some instances: Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods.
- If goods accepted for repair retain user-generated data: During the process of repair some or all of your stored data may be lost. Please ensure that you have saved this data elsewhere prior to repair.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our products. For complete warranty details and a list of our worldwide offices, please visit www.targus.com. Targus product warranty does not cover any device or product that is not manufactured by Targus (including, but not limited to, laptops, smartphones, devices, or any other product that may be used in connection with the Targus product).
Targus is a registered trademark of Targus International LLC in the U.S. and in certain other countries. Microsoft, Windows, and Windows Vista are registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Broadcom and the Broadcom logo are trademarks of Broadcom Corp. Bluetooth and the Bluetooth logos are trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc., U.S.A. and licensed to Broadcom Corp. All logos and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2018 Targus, 1211 North Miller Street, Anaheim, CA 92806. All rights reserved.
AUSTRALIAN AND NEW ZEALAND CONSUMERS ONLY
Thank you for your purchase. Targus warrants to the original purchaser that its products are free from defects in materials and workmanship, during the specified warranty period, and lasts as long as the original purchaser owns the product. The warranty period is stated on the packaging or in the documentation provided with this Targus product. Targus’ Limited Product Warranty excludes damage caused by accident, neglect, abuse, misuse, improper care, normal wear and tear, ownership transfer, or alteration. The limited warranty also excludes any product that is not manufactured by Targus (including, without limitation, laptops, smartphones, devices, tablets, or any other non-Targus item) that is used in connection with the Targus product. In the event that the Targus product has a defect in materials or workmanship Targus will, after receiving a warranty claim and inspecting the product, at its discretion, do one of the following: repair, replace, or refund with the same or a similar product (or part) of no lesser quality and ship it to the original purchaser at Targus’ expense. As part of this inspection, proof of purchase will be required. There is no charge for inspection. To make a warranty claim, please contact Targus Australia or New Zealand (see details below), or return the product to the place of purchase. The original purchaser must bear the cost of the delivery to Targus.
Under Australian and/or New Zealand Consumer Laws, in addition to any warranty Targus gives, our products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are entitled to have the products repaired or replaced if they fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. For any warranty question, contact Targus Australia Pty. Ltd. by mail at Suite 2, Level 8, 5 Rider Boulevard, Rhodes NSW 2138, by phone AUS 1800 641 645 or NZ 0800 633 222 or by email: email@example.com